Speech & Communications
Speech Communications is an elective course that will provide students with the basic skills needed in a variety public and daily interaction within society. We will study historical and famous speeches, types of speeches, and speech skills. Students will learn the essentials parts of speech. Students are expected to deliver speeches to the instructor via various modes every week. Students may use: Screencast-o-matic, Skype, Face Time, Google vtalk, Yahoo Messenger, or recording yourselves with a video camera or phone.
Course Goals and Objectives:
Students will be able to understand and apply the following:
- Develop the basic fundamentals of speech and non-verbal communication
- View a variety of speeches and analyze them
- Understand and develop fundamental speech skills
- Create a sense of confidence in the delivery of both themselves and the topic in which they are presenting
- Evaluate the speaker and delivery, not just the message of the speech, including gestures
- Proper technique in writing and delivering a speech.