Physical Education 3: Personal Fitness
This course is created to help you create and implement your own Fitness Plan.
Note: Phy Ed 1 and 2 ARE NOT pre-requisites for this course. Phy Ed courses can be taken in any order.
• Assess their own personal fitness
• Pre- and Post-test a specific component of fitness
• Write weekly fitness goals, plans, execute and evaluate them
• Discover their preferred way to exercise
• Increase physical competence, self-esteem and the motivation to pursue lifelong physical activity
• Exhibit a physically active lifestyle through participation in a choice of activity.
• Components of Health-Related & Skill-Relted Fitness
• FITT Principle
• Target Heartrate Zone
• Perceived level of exertion
• MVPA (Moderate to Vigorous Physical Activity)
• SMART Goals.
• Worksheets (accessing information about various fitness topics)
• Activity Log (recording weekly activity with adult confirmation)
• Writing Goals and Workouts (using the FITT Principle)
• Reflection (summarizing the week and reviewing content)
• Current News (reviewing fitness articles )
• Final Project: Personal Fitness Plan Implementation