Physical Education 1: Skill-Related Fitness
During this course students will enhance their personal fitness through Individual & Team Sports and Aerobic Activities. Students discover their preferred way to exercise and learn what it takes to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
• Enhance their personal fitness through Individual & Team Sports and Aerobic Activities.
• Increase physical competence, self-esteem and the motivation to pursue lifelong physical activity.
• Exhibit a physically active lifestyle through participation in a variety of lifetime sports and activities throughout the course.
• Discover their preferred way to exercise
Each week students will complete:
• Physical Fitness Tests and/or Worksheets (accessing information about various fitness topics)
• Activity Log (recording weekly activity with adult confirmation)
• Reflection (summarizing the week and reviewing content)
In addition to this, an Activity Research Project will be created. The topic will be a sport or aerobic activity that the students choose. The outline is clearly defined. The project may be in the form of a Power Point, Podcast, Research Paper, Video (movie or commercial), Magazine Article or a different format that the student proposes.