NSO Enrichment Course Scholarship Announcement
Northern Star Online (NSO) provides online course enrollment for enrichment or acceleration in addition to a full schedule at school based on a tuition fee of $395 per semester credit. For the 2018-2019 school year and 2019 summer school session, NSO is offering a limited number of enrichment course scholarships for qualified underrepresented students!
Candidates must be enrolled in the 2018-2019 school year, or the 2019 Summer sessions.
Requested courses must be for academic enrichment or acceleration – beyond regular graduation requirements or pathway. Examples include:
- Advanced Placement (AP) courses
- Mentorship: SciMent, Arts, Social Science or Medical Mentorship
- World Languages: French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese
- Electives: Career Technical, Computer, Business
Priority given to:
- Students with financial need
- Students who demonstrate strong interest in enrichment or acceleration
- Students from underrepresented populations
Scholarship Application Process
- Submit the Application for NSO Enrichment Course Scholarship by December 14th.
- The form may be completed by parent, student and/or school official (generally a counselor)
- Explain need for financial assistance and interest in enrichment course(s)
- Submit a course request to NSO (may be completed after a scholarship is awarded)
- Selection Timeline:
- Submit the Application for NSO Enrichment Course Scholarship by December 14th to assure consideration for this opportunity.
- The NSO Scholarship Committee will make the initial selections by December 21st.
- The scholarship form will remain open until all scholarships have been filled.