You will encounter some abbrevations with Northern Star Online.
- SU: Supplemental – public school students whose online course work will substitute for a class period in my regular schedule
- IS: Independent Study – student meets the criteria for at-risk graduation incentives and will take the course in addition to a full schedule at School (counselor must verify)
- TU: Tuition – online course work is being taken in addition to a full load at School and will require a tuition payment.
- PH: Private/Home – private or home schooled students (also requires tuition)
Full descriptions here.
- OK: Student is active and on track.
- MW: Missing Work Student is active but is falling behind.
- NR: Not Responding Student is inactive and not submitting work.
- NR1: inactive (not submitting work) for 1 week.
- NR2: inactive (not submitting work) for 2 weeks.
- NR3: inactive (not submitting work) for 3 weeks — this may lead to an administrative withdrawal.
- FACS – Family and Consumer Science
- SEL – Social Emotional Learning
- ELL – English Language Learners
- LMS – Learning Management System