For credit recovery beyond a full load
In order to participate in the Area Learning Center Independent Study program, a student must be under the age of 21 and meet one of the following Graduation Incentives. To participate in Summer Credit Recovery, students need to meet the criteria 2, is behind in satisfactorily completing course work or obtaining credits for graduation.
- Performs substantially below performance level on a local achievement test
- Is behind in satisfactorily completing course work or obtaining credits for graduation
- Is pregnant or a parent
- Has been assessed as chemically dependent
- Has been excluded or expelled
- Has been referred by a school district for enrollment in an eligible nontraditional program
- Has been physically or sexually abused
- Has experienced mental health problems
- Has been homeless sometime in the last 6 months
- Has limited English proficiency or speaks English as a second language
- Has been chronically truant or has withdrawn from school
- Is being treated in a hospital in the seven-county metropolitan area for cancer or other life threatening illnesses or is the sibling of the above scenario and resides at least 60 miles beyond the outside boundary of the seven-county metropolitan area.