Browse our online catalog of courses. Do you have questions about one of our courses? Contact us!
Physical Education 2: Health-Related Fitness
Phy Ed 2: Health-Related Fitness (formerly titled Phy Ed B)
This course is created to help you discover health-related fitness as it pertains to YOU!
[Note: Phy Ed 1: Skill-Related Fitness is not a pre-requisite for this course.]
• Assess their own personal fitness
• Write weekly fitness goals, plans, execute and evaluate them
• Increase physical competence, self-esteem and the motivation to pursue lifelong physical activity
• Exhibit a physically active lifestyle through participation in a variety of lifetime sports and activities throughout the course.
• Discover their preferred way to exercise
Five components of fitness, FITT Principle,Target Heartrate Zone, Perceived level of exertion, MVPA (Moderate to Vigorous Physical Activity)
• Worksheets (accessing information about various fitness topics)
• Activity Log (recording weekly activity with adult confirmation)
• Reflection (summarizing the week and reviewing content)
• Current News (reviewing fitness articles )
• Final Project: Personal Fitness Profile