Do you have questions about one of our courses? Contact us!
This course examines the history, principles, and practices of varied genres of journalism with emphasis on writing news, features, interviews, and editing.
Course Goals and Objectives:
- Understand and appreciate the fundamentals and varied aspects of journalism.
- Analyze and practice the philosophy of ethical high school journalism and legalities within high school journalism.
- Understand and compare/contrast the importance of the business aspects of a news publication and other media sources.
- Investigate and produce various types of news writing and present the finished product in a concise and professional manner.
- Review good interviewing techniques and the proper ways to publish interviews.
- Develop creativity in the design process and layout using various forms of media.
- Appreciate the importance of photojournalism and develop skills of editing and story telling.
- Develop the fundamental vocabulary of journalism.
- Develop skills of researching and writing of varied journalistic pieces.