How to prepare for a strong start
You can ensure a strong start to your online course by doing a few things to be ready.
Pay attention to communications
- Approval notices and communications from NSO staff and teachers will come directly to your email account.
- Log into Genius to review the status of your requests. When your counselor and parent/guardian sign off, this will be noted in Genius.
- Book deposits: If your course requires a textbook, you will need to submit a deposit, which will be returned to you when you return the book. Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
- Check the Hardware and Software Requirements to be sure your computer is ready to roll.
- When you receive notice from NSO about final approval, log in to MOODLE to begin.
- All new students are required to go through a brief Orientation Module in Moodle before they start their courses
- LOG IN RIGHT AWAY when you receive the notice that you have been entered. Delays in doing the orientation will mean a later start to your course work.
- Communicate with the counselor, tech support or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have ANY difficulties.
- If you do not complete the Orientation, you may be dropped from your courses.
- Once Orientation is passed, you will be given access to your courses.
Start your courses!
- Most students who are not successful are those who do not start.
- When you get notice that you have been added to your course–go in and start!
- Most teachers have an introductory assignment that is quick and easy to do to get accustomed to the system. Do it right away!
- If you have questions or difficulties, contact the teacher, counselor, tech support, or email@example.com.
Best wishes in learning online!