If you are a new student with Northern Star Online, this page will guide you through the steps needed to get registered! Registration starts with creating an account on our Student Information System (SIS) and making a course request.
Create an Account in Genius
You will first need to set up an account in our Genius Student Information System (Genius SIS).
First, Gather the following information to create an account:
1. Your own email address, separate from your parents, siblings or friends.
a. Your email will be used for your login to the system.
b. To set up an email address, visit Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo or other free services.
c. If you are not able to have your own email please call NSO Enrollment at 763-550-7117, or email email@example.com.
2. Password: You will be able to set your own password.
a. Please be sure it is something that is secure, that you can remember.
b. NSO will not have access to your password, but you can reset it and have a new one sent to your email address.
c. You will be able to change it on your account.
3. Parent or guardian email address
a. Your parent or guardian will also be given a system login based on their email.
b. If a parent or guardian does not have an email address, you will still be able to register, but we will need to contact them to approve course requests
c. If you are 18 or over, providing a parent/guardian email will be optional.
4. Your counselor’s name, your school and your district
a. These will be provided by drop-down menu.
b. If your counselor is not listed, we will ask to have a name provided.
Second, go to the GENIUS student information system
1. Click Create New Account.
2. Enter all the information (boxes shaded yellow are required).
3. Click Submit.
You now have a GENIUS account!
1. You will automatically be take to the Course Request page (Click for instructions below)
2. An email will be sent to you confirming your login account.
3. An email will also be sent to your parent/guardian and NSO notifying them that an account has been created.
4. Continue to the Course Request Process.